1. What is LEJ Knowledge Hub?
LEJ Knowledge HUB is an integrated and open learning source. Thousands of full courses from various different sources are available on a single integrated web site.
2. How do I start?
Take a tour of lej4learning website and browse courses by subject categories and levels.
The subject categories are as follows:
- Applied Sciences
- Basic Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Vocational training
The levels for the courses are divided as follows:
- Vocational training centers
3. How do I register for taking courses on lej4learning?
You need to create an account to logon to lej4learning or you can also access courses on lej4learning through your Facebook, Yahoo and Gmail account.
4. Do all the courses have videos on lej4learning?
Lej4learning is an integration of many different MOOCs, where lectures from various sources have been systematically archived, so that the course material and outlook varies for different courses. Wherever possible, we have uploaded the available videos.
5. What are the prerequisites to take lej4learning?
Lej4learning is a distance-learning initiative. You or your institution will need to formally register in order to use lej4learning.
6. How much time is required to finish a course on lej4learning?
This depends on you, and on the length of the course. You can take the course at your own convenience.
7. Will the certificate be issued at the end of the course?
Yes, after getting registration in the specific course, completing the payment method through online system, and fulfilling the online assessment criteria, the certificate will be issued under the auspices of LEJ National Science Information Center (LEJNSIC), International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS), University of Karachi.
8. Which internet browser will be appropriate for lej4learning website?
Lej4learning are best viewed using the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
9. What are the technical specifications required to view the video?
- VLC Player
- Windows Vista: IE7, Firefox 1.5 or 2
- Windows XP SP2: IE7, Firefox 1.5 or 2
- Mac OS 10.4.8+ (PowerPC): Firefox 1.5 or 2, Safari
- Mac OS 10.4.8+ (Intel-based): Firefox 1.5 or 2, Safari
Bit Torrent to download the video:
Bit Torrent client such as Bit Torrent (Windows-based client)
10. I don’t have a good internet connection, is there any other way through which I can get the courses?
Yes, we do provide DVDs for courses on demand. Kindly send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Can I access to lej4learning website by using different accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo or Facebook?
Yes, you can access lej4learning through your Facebook, Yahoo and Gmail accounts.
12. How can I view the video lectures?
You can easily view the video lectures/power point presentations of your desired course through; downloading from the available links or by playing the videos directly from a streaming server
13. Would it be possible to download the course content?
Contents on lej4learning are downloadable. PDF files can be directly downloaded from the web site while the videos are available for downloading via Bit Torrent.
14. Why can’t I open the downloadable documents?
You may need to download and install the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the documents in PDF format.
15. Shall we expect new courses to be uploaded on lej4learning website?
Lej4learning is a growing data base and many new courses and related contents will be added to the website on a continuous basis. These courses will be at School/Undergraduate/Graduate levels in Applied Sciences, Basic Sciences and Social Sciences.
16. I can’t view the video properly on streaming?
Check your internet connection. For the best performance use a high-speed connection such as DSL or cable modem. The streaming quality will be affected by your Internet connection speed. You may have better performance if you avoid high-traffic periods for your time zone.
17. Why am I getting error message like “File not found” or “This page cannot be found”?
These error messages indicate a faulty link to a file or page. This is because the page you are looking for has been moved or deleted.
18. Is there any specific media player required to play the video?
The lecture videos are supported by different players. You can use any of the following video players. (VLC player, Windows media player and K-lite codec player will be best for playing videos). Downloadable link is given to install a VLC player.
19. What are the different sources used to create lej4learning?
At the website of lej4learning, we have gathered thousands of full courses from various sources at different levels, i.e. school, undergraduate and graduate in various fields. The unique feature of our approach is to integrate the courses available through MIT Open Courseware, Open Yale Courses, Stanford Engineering Everywhere, Udacity, Khan Academy, Virtual University of Pakistan and many others with respect to disciplines and levels so that one does not need go to different MOOCs to search for the desired material. We have acquired permission from the sources to use their contents for non commercial educational purpose.
20. Can I use the course content of lej4learning for commercial purpose?
No, you cannot use any material present on lej4learning website for commercial purpose.
21. Why are the contents marked with “all rights reserved”?
The content available on lej4learning is marked with “All rights reserved” because that the material is owned by a third party who holds the rights to its use. These contents have been incorporated with the permission of the copyright holder. However you can use the material for non commercial educational purposes.
22. What do the initials in front of each course/lecture (in parenthesis) represent?
The initials in parenthesis represent the source of each course/lecture. For a complete list of sources (initials and full form) see our CREDITORS page.
23. How can I provide feedback on lej4learning?
We encourage feedback from users to improve the lej4learning, such as how the courses are being used, what features are important to you, what subject areas we should consider adding in the future, etc. Go to “Your Comments” at the bottom of the page to give us your feedback.
24. I want to get regular updates regarding lej4learning?
- You can get all the information about upcoming events and new courses in News & Events section of the website.
- For further assistance regarding the new courses and lectures you can email us at: email@example.com
Ext: 273 and 275